Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm Attempting to Summon My Inner Dan Meyer

I got to meet Dan Meyer in person two weekends ago at KCTM.  He is very greatous in person.  He was nice enough to let me take this picture.  You can see how deep the hole is in which I am standing.
Geeking out about iPad cameras.
I've been a believer in what Dan has been promoting for a while.  I developed some of the same notions independently, but Dan has taken it much farther than I would have on my own.

I've been playing around with developing my own materials in the same vein as Dan.  My target audience is different than his, as I mostly teach Intermediate Algebra/Algebra II and higher.  Here's a sample of what I've been working on.  I'm rebooting remaking Dan's basketball video with a slightly different take.  I've got a few sequels planned as well.  My week-old YMCA membership has already payed off.
Built with Adobe Premier Elements and GeoGebra 4
A cleaner version with just the data
(Actually, Dan is leaning down in that picture.)